Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Starck's future condom mirror

Ok, ok... I still havn't got time to post regularly, but here's an interesting mix of web oddities:

Thanks to Raul for these 3 suggestions, first this chalet architectural blueprints by Starck. I'm not really a fan, but he's very good in self promotion and marketing ideas like selling a boxed set of plans for building a house. He also sent me this amazing collection of old leicas... I liked the cherry Luftwaffen gold. Sorry, but you'll have to go ogle it, if you'd like to see the workxxx of french artist Reynald Drouhin.

Someone sent me this link to Famous Architects a while ago, but I was waiting for a suitable post. Speaking of famous architects, or better said, famous architects speaking, like Koolhaas and Foster will be speaking about future architecture in the UK. (via) Also at designboom, I found this "sky mirror" wich reminded me of a picture that Raul sent me from his trip to Chicago this summer. And last but not least, this bizarre condom clothes (also via).

ciao
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Roolhaas said...

I had the opportunity to visit the Jelly Bean (Anish Kapoor's Cloud Gate) and it is amazing. It is a perfectly seemless sculpture, made out of stainless steel, the perfection in its construction is so powerful that the only thing left to do is just to admire the piece.

3:51 pm  
Blogger Fernando Vallejo said...

So it's a permanent or temporary installation?

4:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bean is a permanent installation. It is in what is now called Millenium Park. Chicago's Mayor Daley's contribution to the revitalization of Grant Park. It is located on the south end of Grant Park. There is an interactive water sculpture that kids love running around in as well as a bandstand that is a sculpture in and of itself.

As with the whole of Chicago, I highly recommend a visit.

3:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home