Friday, May 26, 2006

Telecon

I received the BigIdea newsletter, and was intrigued by the "telecon" spoof... Well, nothing could be further from the truth. I bought our domain name from telecom, and they charged me $40NZD a year, plus $35 each month! So, I transfered the domain to other registrar. Then, they charged me for suposedely connecting two computers to the internet at the same time... and they couldn't explain how is that possible when there's only one telephone line and only one laptop. Then, they increased the monthly fees for telephone by 10%... and my internet connection was terrible, I got disconnected every 5 minutes. So, last month, finally, I decided to switch companies and get ASDL (because there are no dedicated fibreoptic lines available except for a few blocks in Wellington) The rest of the country has to live with ASDL and get charged by MB used.



I know, this has nothing to do with design, but I'm glad that many more people are now protesting against the terrible service we get from a state monopoly like telecon! Let's see how long until they ask google to remove the video.

ciao
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home