Thursday, May 04, 2006

Old brother

I guess that now that I am older, I'll start telling stories like grampa simpson... well, I do that anyway! When Hooper and I went to "el baratillo" to buy my video camera, he showed me some fake surveillance cameras... with no lens, or tape, or anything. It's just a motor to keep it slowly moving from side to side and a red LED blinking... and I thought "who would buy something like that???" Well, a few weeks later, I went to a hardware store, to get those famous truper hinges... and the store was full of those fake cameras! Worst of all, they all ran out of batteries, so they were just there, on the walls. Some of them already falling down. I have no idea if those fake cameras actually scare the hell out of robbers.

Anyway, here are some cool installations and pictures by Stephen Berkman. (via) I was actually looking for design articles about clocks and time. You know that right now, there's a time oddity. it's 01:02:03 04/05/06 (1 am, 2 minutes, 3 seconds, 4th of May 2006) Now, that would make a cool birthday!

ciao
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Fernando Vallejo said...

Thank you, thank you...

In fact... I haven't read the book, but I know a bit about the plot... and the idea of the fake cameras... may have a bit of reality.

Do you know Bansky's story? It went something like this: one day Bansky's sister moved some of the paintings on his studio, and you know that artists go ballistic when someone touches their stuff. Anyway, the sister said to him: "Well, it's not like your painting are going to be on any famous museum ever"

Bansky took that as a challenge, and hanged some of his paintings on museums arround the globe. I remember that he put a fake rock at the egiptian section at Louvre and offered an autographed work to whoever finds the fake egiptian rock first and took a picture of it. It took more than a week for the french authorities to find it. I guess, he could tell us if the security cameras actually work.

Did you get the "guevmaster's" mail?

ciao

12:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home