Thursday, December 15, 2005

It stinks!

Tonight my sister stood me up for dinner, so I went alone to vips for some enchiladas suizas after a very busy day (or month). Anyway, the waitress gave me a table cloth with yesterday's newspaper... or at least the front page of last day's paper. It was printed on actual newspaper paper... it had that horrible newspaper smell, and worst of all, you know how the ink gets on your fingers just by looking.

Bad design idea / good idea

I asked her to bring me a normal table cloth, or at least the one for children... with riddles and some crayons to draw on it! She brought a normal offset table cloth with pictures of 3 kinds of enchiladas... to melt anyone's mouth. That is a good idea! If you go to a restaurant you don't want to get your hands dirty, or eat on a piece of (old) newspaper, or eat with that horrible smell... it's preferable to look at pictures of delicious dishes to get your appetite running.

Good idea is to have copies of TODAY's paper for some customers to grab if they want to. That happens usually during the morning coffee, not at 23:00 pm with yesterday's news! Gosh! I miss a nice bowl of flat white at the chocolate boutique in Parnell!

Well, this may be my last post from Guanatos... it's time to go home.

ciao
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Roolhaas said...

Bon Voyage!!!! It was a great experience the whole parapodium ordeal!!! Thanks for everything, and a safe trip back to NZ.

7:19 pm  
Blogger Fernando Vallejo said...

Thanks to you,

I agree that we learned a lot from the whole thing.

see you later,

7:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home