Tuesday, October 07, 2008

escorpeniformes

Today, I have some music to share. First, Madredeus - O Sonho, Fabulous song! I just don't understand why "the sea" on the live performance video seems to be "waterboarding" that girl. Is that supposed to be understood as their version of "Alfonsina y el mar" ? (yet another great song btw) That's my problem with Esther Píscore: I just don't get it. I'm not used to decipher meaning in dance just like I am used to analyse visual arts, maybe that's why it is so difficult for me to distinguish when a dance is implying something and when is "just because".

Another great album, not as fun as BPA's "Toe Jam" but worth listening, is Brian Eno and David Byrne's Everything that happens will happen today. Speaking of Byrne, his score for Big Love is great, but my favourite song of the show must be the intro by the Beach Boys.



And finally, something I should write on my christmas list (if it's ready by then): el diluvio by Jaramar Soto. That title sounds like a prophecy about the recent floodings in Veracruz and Tabasco.

ciao
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home