Wednesday, June 11, 2008

silver & gold

silver plate kaleidoscopeThis is the first time that one of my fractals/kaleidoscopes wins a flickr challenge. The funny story is that I was completely unaware of the challenge. This silver plate was inspired by one of the early entries, and I just loved the silver finish. So I decided to make a "silverish" kaleidoscope myself without knowing about the challenge. I was later invited to submit my image to the challenge pool... I was surprised that so many people voted for my entry, There were so many amazing images.

concurso plata siglo XXIA real silver challenge, is this silver jewelery competition to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the jewelery school. INBA and Escuela de Artesanías e Industrias Peñoles are inviting submitions to the National Jewelery Competition "Plata del Siglo XXI". (via) There are 2 categories: professional and amateur. Up to 3 pieces at least 80% silver may be entered until August 29th. The prizes are amazing: 5 kg , 3 kg and 2 kg of pure silver .9999 for the professionals, and 3 kg, 2 kg and 1 kg of pure silver .9999 to the amateur winners. The winning pieces along with other selected submitions will be exhibited at the Franz Meyer Museum. By the way: visit their 3D virtual museum. A java applet lets you view some of the collection pieces in various 3D modes (parallel eyed, cross eyed, red-cyan, red-green, anaglyph, 3d LCD, etc.)

ciao
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Dzeni said...

Very nice indeed :) Love the background / slight shadow. Subtle but effective.

5:36 pm  
Blogger Fernando Vallejo said...

Thanks Dzeni!

I'm currently making a series of kaleidoscopes about Hindu Deities. I just need a couple more to finish.

I got the idea of making "series" from you. I just loved your musical series.

ciao

11:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful and detailed, congrats on your prize ^_^

4:00 pm  
Blogger Fernando Vallejo said...

Thanks man!

Check out this new set: Fractal Deities

ciao

1:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home