Saturday, June 25, 2005

オリボト (Oribot)

From robots to origami robots, to just plain origami, that was my internet trip today, and ended inventing a suitable title for this post, just like Pasucon or Pokemon.

It all started when I was reading the news this morning, and I saw this article about a real Robocop. I wanted to learn more about it, and I googled an OZ's geek's site with sections on cars, bikes, and robots. It's a good place to find out about some innovations. Then, I found this amazing origami robot and some videos of the robot in action.

I never learned to do any origami piece... not even the boat or "sacapiojos". I mean, I've done some of those, but I always forget how to do them. My greatest acheivement was when Naoko helped Sandra to fold some Tsurus for Shigeru Ban's conference. She showed us how, and we all spent a whole evening folding origamis. Anyway, from Carnegie Mellon, I went to Joseph Wu's origami page. I fell back of my seat! Those dragons are just incredible. What is more incredible, is that the first rule of origami, is that you are not allowed to cut anything! Just look at the Wu's Gallery of origamis. Awesome!



I hope you also enjoy visiting those places.

ciao
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home