Thursday, June 16, 2005

Im Zentrum des Designs

A couple of months back, there was a series of design conferences here in Auckland to finally get the message to the industry about the benefit of design. Some personalities were here, including Peter Zec, president elect of ICSID and director of the Design Zentrum NRW. I didn't attend the conferences (I found out 3 days later... really!) but I'm glad that his powerpoint presentation is now available on "Better by Design". It is really interesting to read his views on some facts about design. I also reccomend their list of books.

I met Peter Zec when I was a student at the University of Essen. The design centre and the university are very close (not geographicaly, but in terms of cooperation). We had to take some of our lectures at the Centre, because the teachers were there. So, he came to some of our meetings of the Produktplannung lecture. Back then, they had a small building (small compared to the Zeche), and the Zeche Zollverein was almost a dump. We organised the student's exhibition there and was still abandoned. Here are some pictures of the Zeche, and this are my pictures back then... and yes! that is me. It is really rare to see me on a photo.



Compare that to the pictures after the rennovations!

If you want to know more about design studies in Essen, visit the faculty of design. They have a very nice gallery of recent design projects. You can see some of my own projects during my Masters' at my home site.


Das bringt viele shöne Erinnerungen!
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home